At St Luke’s homework activities are an important part of our home/school partnership and all children are expected to take part in a variety of homework tasks to enhance and support their work in class.
Our homework policy is designed to:
- Ensure consistency of approach throughout the school.
- Provide opportunities for parents and children to work in partnership and to share and enjoy learning experiences.
- Consolidate and reinforce basic skills and knowledge, especially in English and Maths.
- Provide opportunities as children get older to develop skills of independent learning.
Reward system and incentives:
- Class dojos are rewarded to children every time they hand homework in.
- Excellent examples of homework are shared on the class Twitter and ClassDojo page.
- Each half term, a record of engagement with homework is kept on a chart. If the children are successful in completing homework every week of the half term, they then earn an additional reward for this achievement. This prize could include extra playtime, golden time, or an agreed prize from the class teacher.
- Each week the class with the highest percentage of homework engagement will have extra playtime the week after and this will be shared announced in the Celebration Assembly.
- If homework is not completed, teachers will send a message to the parents/carers via ClassDojo on the first and second occasion. If homework is persistently not completed, then a telephone call will be made to parents to discuss this further