Welcome to RH!
Please take a look at our fantastic page of learning. Here you can find important information, links to useful websites and photographs of all the work we have been doing!
Welcome to the class page for Reception Holt. Miss Holt is the class teacher.
Please send over any work you complete at home :-)
Check out our class twitter page!
This week in reception....
* In Phonics - Learning to orally segment and blend words (Phonics Phase 1 Aspect 7)
* In Maths - Comparing amounts (using 5 and 10 frames)
* In Literacy - Read 'Leaf Man' and complete lots of activities linked to this book
* In PSHE - Talk about the feelings of Leaf Man and share our own feeling
* In RE - Talk about belonging
* In Science - Talk about growth and decay linked to Autumn and the story 'Leaf Man'
* In Art - Make leaf print, leaf rubbings and leaf jewellery using our fine motor skills
* In Geography - Discuss the weather
The children will also have access to the challenges set up in the continuous provision areas to choose their own learning. The teachers will work with the children on 'focused activities', co-play with the children, model technical language to develop their vocabulary within their play and observe the children on the online learning journey Tapestry.
Children will bring home a decodable book and a library book on Monday and Friday. Please read with your child every night. Please sign your child's reading record every time you listen to them read :-)
Here are some questions to ask your child as you are reading with them:
We will send home homework books on Friday. Please return to school on Tuesday.
Children need to be fluent in reading words. We call these words 'high frequency words.'
Please practice reading and spelling these words with your children weekly.