Welcome to RH!
Please take a look at our fantastic page of learning. Here you can find important information, links to useful websites and photographs of all the work we have been doing!
Welcome to the class page for Reception Holt. Miss Holt is the class teacher.
Please send over any work you complete at home :-)
Check out our class twitter page!
Week 8 Learning will be...
* In worship - Thankfulness
* In Phonics - We are focusing on all the sounds we have learnt so far! How to read them in words, how to blend words together to read and how to form the letters correctly. s/a/t/p/i/n/m/d/g/o/c/k
* In Maths - It’s Me 1,2,3 Representing, Comparing, Composition of 1,2,3. We will also be learning about positional language such as over, under, inside, next to. behind.
* In Literacy - We are practicing writing simple CVC words such as, cat, dog, map, pan, sad, dad using the sounds we have learnt.
* In PSHE - Sharing our achievements over the first half term!
* In RE - Harvest Festival
* In Science - Autumnal observations and a spooky science activity!
* In Art - We will be having a spooky theme to this week and children will partake in various art and craft activtiies!
* In Geography - Discuss the weather
On Friday, as it is our last day before half term, we are going to celebrating our learning about Autumn by making yummy pumpkin rice crispy cakes!!
If your child is isolating at home or is away from school and feeling well it is important to continue their learning at home. Please log on to the above apps to complete activities daily. Miss Holt will set specific work for the week and contact you on the email provided to school or through tapestry.
Support you to home school your child
* Provide the right environment for learning - turn the television off, perhaps sit at a table or clear a space on the floor. You may find calming background music can help
* Create a daily plan to help to structure the day. Setting times can cause stress if you fall behind. Instead plan what you wish to achieve that day
* Help your child to understand what they are doing and give them plenty of time to practise and make mistakes. We all learn from our mistakes.
* Complete all the work each day rather than allowing tasks to roll over to the next day
* Communicate with Miss Holt over Tapestry, send in the work you've completed, feel proud of the achievements you and your child have made!
Children will bring home a decodable book and a library book on Monday and Friday. Please read with your child every night. Please sign your child's reading record every time you listen to them read :-)
Here are some questions to ask your child as you are reading with them:
We will send home homework books on Friday. Please return to school on Tuesday.
Children need to be fluent in reading words. We call these words 'high frequency words.'
Please practice reading and spelling these words with your children weekly.