Welcome to the class page for Reception Green.
Mrs Green is the class teacher.
Some children will continue their education in class. It is vital that the children not returning to the school building continue to learn remotely.
If your child will be in school, their day will continue as normal. However we ask that their clothes are changed and washed daily. They may wear their uniform or casual clothes. This is your decision. School lunches will continue in the normal way. The school day is no longer staggered. Please arrive for 8:50am at the classroom door and collect your child at 3:15pm from the same door.
Each day please complete the register on Tapestry by 9:30am. After this time non-attendance will be reported to the attendance team.
The following timetable will be released on tapestry at the set times. There is a flexibility as to when you complete these lessons each day. You may choose to upload your child's tasks and activities all at once or after you have completed each lesson. Please however do add all home observations by 4pm each day.
The teachers are working incredibly hard to provide quality teaching and learning opportunities for both the children in class and at home. Your support is incredibly important as we do not wish for any child to fall behind academically.
Thank you for your continued patience, support and resilience!
Mrs Watts and Mrs Green
If your child is isolating at home or is away from school and feeling well it is important to continue their learning at home. Please log on to the above apps to complete activities daily. Miss Holt will set specific work for the week and contact you on the email provided to school or through tapestry.
Support you to home school your child
* Provide the right environment for learning - turn the television off, perhaps sit at a table or clear a space on the floor. You may find calming background music can help
* Create a daily plan to help to structure the day. Setting times can cause stress if you fall behind. Instead plan what you wish to achieve that day
* Help your child to understand what they are doing and give them plenty of time to practise and make mistakes. We all learn from our mistakes.
* Complete all the work each day rather than allowing tasks to roll over to the next day
* Communicate with Miss Holt over Tapestry, send in the work you've completed, feel proud of the achievements you and your child have made!
Children will bring home a decodable book and a library book on Monday and Friday. Please read with your child every night. Please sign your child's reading record every time you listen to them read :-)
Here are some questions to ask your child as you are reading with them:
We will send home homework books on Friday. Please return to school on Tuesday.
Children need to be fluent in reading words. We call these words 'high frequency words.'
Please practice reading and spelling these words with your children weekly.