WELCOME TO 4H!
Hello and welcome to 4H's class page.
Your teacher is Mrs Heywood.
Mrs Shakeel is also here to help.
We hope you enjoy taking a look at our incredible page of learning.
This half term, P.E is on a Monday morning.
Your child needs to keep their P.E kit in a clearly labelled P.E bag in school every day.
We will send it home at the end of each half term.
They will need:
- White t-shirt
- Black shorts
- A pair of black P.E pumps.
We have a reading programme in school called 'Accelerated Reader'. Books will be sent home throughout the week.
Your children will have the opportunity to quiz when they have finished a book. We would hope for the children to finish between 2-3 quizzes a week. It is important that you read with your child every night. We aim to change books three times a week: on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
As part of enhancing our children's learning there are websites which we are currently using in our Numeracy and Literacy lessons and could be beneficial to use at home:
If your child is finding a story easy, please ask them lots of comprehension questions to ensure they understand the book they are reading. Questions can include:
· Who are the characters?
· What role does ______ have in the story?
· Where is the story set?
· What happens at the beginning?
· What happens in the middle?
· What happens at the end of the story?
· Can you tell me your favourite part of the story?
· Did you like or dislike the story?
· Can you find my a word beginning with _____?