WELCOME TO 4H!
Hello and welcome to 4H's class page.
Your teacher is Mrs Heywood.
Mrs Shakeel is also here to help.
We hope you enjoy taking a look at our incredible page of learning.
This half term, P.E is on a Tuesday afternoon.
Your child needs to keep their P.E kit in a clearly labelled P.E bag in school every day.
We will send it home at the end of each half term.
They will need:
- White t-shirt
- Black shorts
- A pair of black P.E pumps.
We have a reading programme in school called 'Accelerated Reader'. Books will be sent home throughout the week.
Your children will have the opportunity to quiz when they have finished a book. We would hope for the children to finish between 2-3 quizzes a week. It is important that you read with your child every night. We aim to change books three times a week: on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
If your child is finding a story easy, please ask them lots of comprehension questions to ensure they understand the book they are reading. Questions can include:
· Who are the characters?
· What role does ______ have in the story?
· Where is the story set?
· What happens at the beginning?
· What happens in the middle?
· What happens at the end of the story?
· Can you tell me your favourite part of the story?
· Did you like or dislike the story?
· Can you find my a word beginning with _____?
As part of enhancing our children's learning there are websites which we are currently using in our Numeracy and Literacy lessons and could be beneficial to use at home: