Expectations of home learning via Tapestry the Online Learning Journey.
The Government state that if you are well enough, you are expected to participate in your learning.
It is our duty as teachers at St. Luke’s, to ensure that we provide your child with an education.
Whilst your child is at home, we will be setting work, uploading video and communicating with you via Tapestry. We will be aiming to give your child a similar curriculum to that they would have received in school. In order to achieve this, parental support and encouragement will be very much needed and appreciated.
We understand that keeping to a specific timetable is more challenging with younger children therefore the timetable we have created is more flexible than that set for the children in Key Stages 1 and 2.
Here are the links that will be needed whilst your child is home learning.
https://twitter.com/StlukesburyRW Reception Watts
https://twitter.com/rhstlukes Reception Holt
Work Uploaded to Tapestry:
- Each day new tasks will be uploaded to Tapestry covering different areas of the EYFS curriculum. This will include independent activities for the children to complete, videos of the teachers leading lessons, messages for the children and messages for parents and carers too.
- All work completed by the children must be uploaded to Tapestry.
- The work set on Tapestry will be duplicated on your child’s class page on the school website too.
- All children must continue with their learning during a bubble closure.
- All work will be monitored by the class teacher and support staff.
- Tapestry will be the main way we will communicate with you and your children.
- Posts shared on Tapestry are private between you and your child’s class teacher unless another child is tagged in the same post.
- Posts uploaded by you (the parent or carer) can only be seen by the class teacher unless another child is tagged in the same post.
Phone Calls Home
- We will phone you on one of the phone number provided to school multiple times each week to discuss your child’s progress with you. We will set targets for your child and discuss other next steps with you.
- If you need to contact your child’s class teachers, please use the email listed above, however using Tapestry is preferred.